What College Golf Courses Have You Played?
With the 2015 College Football Season starting tonight, you may find yourself neglecting your golf clubs each Saturday. Therefore, not thinking about your favorite college golf courses.
Instead, you’re turning your attention to your favorite college football team(s). But have you ever thought about combining golf with your love for college football? Have you thought about attending a game where you can also play one of the many great golf courses owned or operated by the school your visiting? Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it?
Doting the fall landscape of our nation are quite a few fantastic golf courses owned or operated by institutions of higher learning. And playing golf during the fall season provides optimal weather conditions for most of the country through the first of November. Combine touring the country to play golf with cheering on your favorite College Football Teams, and you’ll be on a once in a lifetime adventure.
Believe it or not, some of “not so well known” golf courses on college campuses are designed by the Michaelangelo’s of Golf Course Design. Donald Ross, Alister McKenzie, Perry Maxwell, and Robert Trent Jones, all designed golf courses for a college or university. There are some hidden gems designed by the “not so famous” Golf Course Architects, each providing a challenge of your skills, just like the opponents will challenge your team each Saturday.
e;”>College Golf Course Playoff Determines National Champion
Now the fun begins! Through November 15, nominate your favorite College Golf Course(s) you’ve played. The courses nominated the most will gain entry into the Inaugural, College Golf Course Playoffs.
This is how it works:
- Nominate your favorite College Golf Course as often as you wish; no limit to the amount of nominations you can submit
- Only those golf courses owned and/or operated by a College or University within the United States is eligible for nomination
- Your can submit your Nominations through November 15
- Every two weeks, beginning September 18, we’ll release a new “Best College Golf Course” Poll via this website to social media.
- A course’s rank within the Poll is based solely upon its cumulative total of nominations received
- The Final Poll, December 4, will determine the Top 32 courses that will compete in the Inaugural College Golf Course Playoffs
- The College Golf Course Playoffs begin December 7th, with you voting each week for the course within each bracket you want to see go on to the next week of bracket competition
- We’ll announce The National Championship Bracket January 4, 2016 and you can vote that week for the course you think is the best
- January 10, 2016, the night before the College Football National Championship Game, we’ll announce who you selected as the